May-June 2021: Current work and more

 

Hi.


So there's a few things I wanted to talk about in this post, some related to my channel, and also some stuff I've been doing in my spare time.


In terms of my channel, of course I will continue to make more videos, and there's a couple of topics  that spring to mind. One of the things I want to cover is techno-primitivism, which has become more popular recently in response to our current social and ecological troubles, and has been "memeified" in the form of the "Reject humanity, return to Monke" meme. Now obviously I am opposed to primitivism as a solution to our current problems, however I do think people in that camp ask a few of the right questions, which I'd like to cover adjacent to my critique of the concept. I also think this is a prime opportunity for me to explain my theory of technology in relation to society, how CE/RBE advocates can approach discussion with primitivists, and in addition what could be the best practice for incorporating technology in a Community Ecology type society.

Perhaps related to my last point, I'm also intrigued by the idea of urban mining and, to a greater extent, the exploration of the "Anthropocene". It's true that resources are finite in quantity, but there are measures, such as practicing circular economics, that can make the longevity of those resources indefinite; I want to cover this in an installment.

As those who follow me are aware, I advocate for individual self sufficiency and self sustainability where possible, as a means of reducing one's dependence on the current paradigm, and as a means of initiating the infantile stages of a societal transition, especially when self sufficient individuals form groups and networks to share knowledge, resources, and support. I am currently advancing my skills in two areas: electronics, and additive manufacturing and design for such. I believe that the ability to create a wide variety of circuits and 3-dimensional objects is a vital part of any viable form of modern self-sufficiency, due to having control over the designs, and also vastly reducing the reliance on the modern tech industry. Automation is also going to be instrumental in making self-sufficiency feasible for large swathes of the population, where time is often a luxury. I will cover this in more detail later.


In my last video, I mentioned the name of the discord server I am part of. I've had people message me on the platform wanting to join. I've decided, for the sake of ease and increasing outreach, I will post the link to the server here: https://discord.gg/WPdSabKY

Here is a link to my YouTube channel to view my content:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5dC9WFHqsmKD5SqVBo7kWQ

Stay safe everyone, and I'll see you all next time!

Comments